This is a sauce we keep in the fridge at all times. We use it on our oven-baked barbeque ribs, barbeque seitan, and barbeque chicken just to name a few dishes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened ketchup*
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Shoyu, Gluten-free Tamari or Coconut Aminos
- 3⁄4 cup either agave syrup, maple syrup or 1 cup monk fruit
- 1 tablespoon Frontier Herbs chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced
Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes or so, stirring regularly. Now, how easy is that! When it’s done pack in a glass quart container and store in the fridge for whatever yummy dish you’re making.
Inspired from a recipe in Joy of Cooking