What could be better than studying cooking under the watchful eye of a professional chef?
Cooking internships with Marilyn Moser-Waxman are designed to help you develop your skills in the kitchen.
Marilyn will help you refine your cutting skills, learn cooking techniques, introduce you to new foods and stimulate your creativity in the kitchen.
About The Nourishing Well Kitchen
The Nourishing Well is dedicated to providing high-quality foods that support a healthy diet and lifestyle using the most environmentally responsible, sustainable, organic, and locally sourced ingredients.
The Nourishing Well’s clients follow a wide variety of dietary protocols that include paleo, gluten-free, broad macrobiotic diets or simply a generally healthy diet that includes some meat, poultry, dairy, and/or fish and plenty of veggies. Some of my clients have specific health concerns, which dictate a strict style of cooking.
Here’s a bit of information about the program:
- You must be able to commit to at least one day a week for a minimum of three months.
- It can be possible to extend your internship longer than three months.
- The hours are from 7 am to 3 pm. Punctuality is essential.
- You will receive lunch while you are here.
A few important things to know:
- This is hard work! You are on your feet all day. We work at a fast pace.
- You’re working with sharp objects.
- You get dirty. You may have to carry heavy things. You’ll be washing a lot of dishes.
- You will often leave smelling like onions and garlic. And it’s fun!
Why should you do it?
- Most people are daunted by the time and effort it takes to cook – from prep to cooking to cleaning up.
- But when your knife skills are as sharp as your knife, you are confident with your cooking techniques and you are organized and efficient in your kitchen, cooking is a pleasure.
- And your health improves from eating all that healthy home-cooked food!
- What could be better?
Who would be a good fit for this opportunity?
Anyone interested in learning how to cook healthfully!
Interns in my kitchen come from all walks of life.
From home cooks to students and graduates of culinary schools, naturopaths, dieticians, nutritionists, and holistic health counselors,
Marilyn helps people either learn the basics or refine the skills they already have.
How to apply for the internship:
If you would like more information about the internship contact Marilyn at firstname.lastname@example.org